2018 Leibster Award Nomination
Thank you Leticia Toraci for the nomination. It’s always fun to answer other author’s questions and see other people answers to your questions later on.
Once I have answered the questions posed to me, I will nominate 11 new bloggers and provide them with a new set of questions. Should they feel like playing along, they will do the same to another set of 11 bloggers. The hope is to spread the word and dominate the internet…or something like that.
- Thank me, as I nominated you (you owe me!!!) 🙂
- Supply a link to my blog for your readers to browse. http://www.brandypotterbooks.com
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
- The Official Rules call for you to link back to them
- They also ask that you comment on them with your Nomination response post
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and inform them of their nomination via social media methods.
- List 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
There is no obligation to any of the bloggers I nominate to participate, BUT it does help spread the word about your blog and grow your brand!
Have fun with it.
1. What is your favorite season of the year?
2. Which were the three best books you ever read?
I am going to name the three that are worn torn and well beloved on my shelves. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen; My Sherlock Holmes Anthology by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; and the incomparable Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Where would be your dream vacation?
So many places. So many. But I would have to say at this point in my life, another Germany trip. I get more bang for the buck because I can do side trips to other countries.
4. Your favorite book genres?
I don’t have a favorite. I just have genres I don’t like really. Not into erotica, not into anything with too much gore, not into overly religious (any religion) lit.
5. Do you have any reading habits or books you like to reread?
I re-read Lord of the Rings every year from The Silmarillion to Return of the King. I re-read my Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novels constantly. I re-read the Nora Roberts and Heather Graham books I have as well.
As for habits, I read in the tub. I read by the pool and I listen to audiobooks in the car.
6. If you could retire tomorrow (and live a comfortable life with no time pressure), what would you do?
Write, read, write, read oh and write some more
7. Do you have any hobbies?
I crochet. But honestly writing and reading and all that comes with it to include this blog are my hobbies and my business amazing isn’t it. I am blessed. Now if only I didn’t have to work!
8. Which book(s) you think every person should read?
Wow, that is so personal to genre and person.
I think every fantasy fan needs to read Lord of the Rings. I also recommend The Belgariad, The Mallorean, The Elenium and The Tamuli series. These aren’t foundational, but I have never read another fantasy novel like them. Sort of ruined me for all other fantasy novelists I think every romance fan needs to read all of Jane Austen’s books, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and Venomous lives (snuck it in on ya). I think that mystery and suspense fans need to read Christie and Conan-Doyle.
Really, I think for every genre, every fan needs to read the books that define the genre, the foundations if you will, because then you can truly know what makes a great book in the genre. Without that foundational support, it’s hard to see how the branches relate. Rather like looking at only the leaves and fruit of a tree without seeing the beauty and need for the trunk.
9. Do you buddy-read books?
No. My friends circle is eclectic and we none of like exactly the same thing.
10. Do you participate in Readathons or like to set up TBR lists?
I try to. I just don’t have the time these days.
11. Do you have any current artistic/writing/life projects/goals?
I am working on a book that will come out in January. I honestly hope to launch that with as strong a fan base as I can get so I am working on building my brand now!
And the nominees are:
The Writing Plant – Belinda Bekkers
Love 2 Read, Love 2 Write Publishing – Deanna Fugett
Saturday Night Reader
Count Blogula – Jenna Moraci
Books, Life and Other Oddities – Hannah Dadd
Marsha Casper Cook
Writing on the Edge – Katie Masters
- What is the main purpose of your blog? (i.e. Book reviews, writer’s tips, etc)
- If you had to be in jail with one Disney character for 5 years, and you can’t get out so no cheating, who would you pick?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your favorite song?
- Who is your personal (not famous) hero?
- Who taught you the most?
- What is your favorite and least favorite word?
- Which character from a book would you bring into our world and how would you know them? (i.e. Friend, Lover etc)
- How would the world change if superheroes/villains actually existed?
- What makes humans fundamentally different from animals?
- If you could broadcast one sentence to every TV channel and radio in the world and have it translated in every language, what would that sentence be?